Thursday, December 9, 2021

Deadcember

 ... or a belated Spooktober.

I've finally gotten around to both making another post and finishing some minis. I intended to finish these skellies for October but that turned into November and then a post never materialised. The miniatures themselves were finished in late 2020 with my previous skellies but awaited suitable shields.

Skeleton Elite Guard afaik

These were purchased from Black Tree Designs a few years back and are now sadly OOP. I was under the impression that they're ex-Harlequin and sculpted by Kev Adams but I'm now not so sure. They're nowhere to be found on the Lost Minis Wiki and I don't fancy prising my two unpainted ones off their bases to confirm some particulars.



With regards to painting; same scheme as the previous lot with a mix of metallics and contrast. The right most one in the above picture has his scale mail painted as tarnished bronze, which happens to be close in colour to the green I've used. Oh well 🤷


The left individual in the above picture has red hair; I was inspired by the Osterby Man to do so. The shields themselves are 3D prints from ebay. Unfortunately they were covered in artefacts but seeing as they are modelled damaged anyway, I wasn't overly fussed. On another unfortunate note, the Wyldwood brown contrast I used has come had almost black and I will perhaps give them a re-touch in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment