Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Hello there!

Welcome to my small corner of the internet.

This is the second attempt I've made at starting up a personal blog and will, fingers crossed, last longer than the two or so posts I made on the first abortive run. I'll mainly be using this space to chronicle my tabletop wargamming hobbying, with a view to actually motivating me into tackling the proverbial lead mountain and perhaps getting a tad more satisfaction out of the whole shebang. I might also stray into other interests, for which I beg your patience and in some cases, forgiveness 😅

I first got into The Hobby™ in about 2001. Or at least I think so, going by the White Dwarfs I own. It also, very conveniently, means I've been dallying with all this malarkey for two decades now. Most of those years have been spent collecting Warhammer Fantasy and 40k, but in the last decade I've diverged into other manufacturers and rule sets. I'm sure this is an experience shared by many in the hobby; veering violently or gradually away from GW into gentler pastures where the grass isn't required to be Citadel branded. My main focuses have been picking and choosing any and all fantasy and sci-fi sculpts that tickle my fancy, with an aim to assembling small warbands. I've also made a point of buying up miniature agnostic rulesets, as well as some dedicated ones, to go alongside. 

Hopefully I'll actually get around to trying out the stack of rules I've complied.

Yeah...

Apart from one test game of Frostgrave, I've never actually played anything outside of GW's offerings. To make matters worse, since 8th edition 40k dropped, I've fooled myself into buying not one but four 40k armies.

Oh dear.

That's on top of all the other stuff that languishes in a scattered selection of various storage methods. I'm infamous with my friends for my pile of shame and buying things just to shove them in a box.

Well, there's no time like the present, is there?

"This is but a taste of what Procrastination has to offer!"

So, at the very least I'll have something to show for all the cash I've splashed; at most, I hope that you dear reader will have gleaned something interesting from my ramblings.

Bonne soiree,

Togidubnus


No comments:

Post a Comment